Looking at a Refurb MBP

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Hi

I am looking at replacing my 8 year old 15" MBP with a shiny refurb!

I have a 25" external monitor and am considering dropping to a 13" pro. Has anyone dropped from 15-13? How was it (Remember I am also going from a non- retina to a retina machine).

All the refurb machines are 'only' specced with 8Gb RAM. For tasks like Lightroom, some light development work, and general officey-type-stuff would you go with 8Gb or should I hold out for a 16Gb model?

Thanks

Caporegime
Hi

I am looking at replacing my 8 year old 15" MBP with a shiny refurb!

I have a 25" external monitor and am considering dropping to a 13" pro. Has anyone dropped from 15-13? How was it (Remember I am also going from a non- retina to a retina machine).

All the refurb machines are 'only' specced with 8Gb RAM. For tasks like Lightroom, some light development work, and general officey-type-stuff would you go with 8Gb or should I hold out for a 16Gb model?

Thanks

Hold out for 16G.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
Thanks. Thought so. Unfortunately everything in the refurb store is 256Gb/ 8Gb! I bet the 512Gb/16Gb models don't come up too often in 13"

Any thoughts on screen size from anyone would also be appreciated.

Cheers!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
13" is fine if you have an external monitor. The screen on the MBP is very good, so next to most screens it will make them look poor (brightness, colour, retina etc). I would look at getting the LG 4k to pair with with it.

Back
Top Bottom