Looking for 2 monitors

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I need 2 monitors of the same model that are 1440p 144hz (it can be 120hz if cheaper) that can support a GTX 1070. I currently have a Ryzen 2600 thats been OC'd to 4.1ghz.

Only have 1 crappy 1080p monitor at the moment and been thinking of upgrading. Not sure if possible, but are there any decent-ish options for under £250 a monitor? preferably looking at £200 a monitor seeing as I need 2 of them. Not overly fussed on the screen size, but a 27" seems pretty ideal in terms of fitting on my desk, and it being a good size as I dont sit too far away

Permabanned
The first thing you need to choose is the screen type, TN, VA or IPS. This will pretty much dictate the price. Really th
But I would immediately question why do you want two the same? Gaming monitors can be expensive so buying two the same on a budget really limits what you can get. In fact why do you even want two? I would be very tempted to suggest a single UW, or, if you really do want two, then a more expensive gaming monitor and a cheaper secondary monitor. Unless you intend to upgrade the 1070 then I would stick to 1080P. It very much depends on the games you play, but a 1070 will not do some of the latest games at 1440P at highest quality settings.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
The first thing you need to choose is the screen type, TN, VA or IPS. This will pretty much dictate the price. Really th
But I would immediately question why do you want two the same? Gaming monitors can be expensive so buying two the same on a budget really limits what you can get. In fact why do you even want two? I would be very tempted to suggest a single UW, or, if you really do want two, then a more expensive gaming monitor and a cheaper secondary monitor. Unless you intend to upgrade the 1070 then I would stick to 1080P. It very much depends on the games you play, but a 1070 will not do some of the latest games at 1440P at highest quality settings.

unless your want to spread the game over both screens? I believe that this can be done.

Its so that I can game on one screen, and keep the other screen to keep internet open/multitask.

I wanted 2 screens mainly for OCD as I like the fact that it would be matching, but it may be a waste of money to get 2... I can probably spend the money on a single better monitor instead of getting 2 cheaper ones.
Also not to mention, watching videos on a 1440p is better than 1080p anyway. I think I may just get 1 good gaming monitor now, and keep my current 1080p monitor as my second screen

Soldato
Its so that I can game on one screen, and keep the other screen to keep internet open/multitask.

I wanted 2 screens mainly for OCD as I like the fact that it would be matching, but it may be a waste of money to get 2... I can probably spend the money on a single better monitor instead of getting 2 cheaper ones.
Also not to mention, watching videos on a 1440p is better than 1080p anyway. I think I may just get 1 good gaming monitor now, and keep my current 1080p monitor as my second screen

That's what I id, it works really well, 1080p is fine for a 2nd screen, you don't need two £500+ monitors.

Man of Honour
use your current monitor for the second browsing screen, then get a Dell s2719dgf to run 144hz freesync for gaming?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
That's what I id, it works really well, 1080p is fine for a 2nd screen, you don't need two £500+ monitors.

Yeah this is what ill end up doing now, thanks! Though what suggestions to have for a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor?

use your current monitor for the second browsing screen, then get a Dell s2719dgf to run 144hz freesync for gaming?

I will check this monitor out thank you!

Associate

for your OCD you could get two different screens but have some consistency by getting both from the same manufacturer.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
for your OCD you could get two different screens but have some consistency by getting both from the same manufacturer.

Yeah currently have a HP, though not sure how good their 1440p 144hz monitors are. At this point though, i dont mind too much anyway as long as the new monitor doesnt look too different to what I have currently.

Back
Top Bottom