Looking for a Blueray player

Associate
Looking for a Blueray player and need a bit of advice.

I want to spend not too much more than £100 and have been looking at the Panasonic DMPBDT110.

Main requirement for me is that it must play avi/mpeg files from usb.

I presume the one in question will do what I need but also considering others. Also might be worth pointing out it will be connected to my Viera TV

Soldato
If you get the PANASONIC DMPBDT110, you also get 'Star Wars IV, V and VI on BLU-RAY' free. As you've already looked at it, I'm presuming it plays AVI and MPEG?

I've seen the Panasonic blu ray player for £104.95. You could sell the blu rays you got with it (if you didn't want them) for around £30 making the real price of the blu ray player £75! ;)

Shame you didn't get it last week. It was on offer at under £100 with 7 free blu rays! :eek:

Associate
OP
If you get the PANASONIC DMPBDT110, you also get 'Star Wars IV, V and VI on BLU-RAY' free. As you've already looked at it, I'm presuming it plays AVI and MPEG?

I've seen the Panasonic blu ray player for £104.95. You could sell the blu rays you got with it (if you didn't want them) for around £30 making the real price of the blu ray player £75! ;)

Shame you didn't get it last week. It was on offer at under £100 with 7 free blu rays! :eek:

I seen the 3 free Bluerays mate. My main query is with the formats it supports as the sd port on the tv supports nothing it seems :)

Soldato
From Panasonic website:

USB SLOT
USB Standard USB2.0 High Speed
Slot 2 [Front 1(For Playback) , Rear 1(For Wi-Fi adaptor and Skype camera)]
Playback
JPEG / MPO yes
MP3 yes
DivX® /DivX HD /MKV yes

SD MEMORY CARD SLOT
Compatible Media SD/SDHC/SDXC
Playback
JPEG / MPO yes
MPEG2 / AVCHD yes

Considered selling my PS3 when I saw last weeks offer myself. Seems like a decent player.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I have the Panasonic DMPBDT-310 (big brother of the model you're eyeing) and it's really impressive :)

Soldato
Looking for a Blueray player and need a bit of advice.

I want to spend not too much more than £100 and have been looking at the Panasonic DMPBDT110.

Main requirement for me is that it must play avi/mpeg files from usb.

I presume the one in question will do what I need but also considering others. Also might be worth pointing out it will be connected to my Viera TV

I have that player. Post a link to a couple of small avi /mpg files and i'll put them on a usb stick to test if you like.
I do know that it didn't like some of the mkv files I showed it.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Been looking to get my first BD Player too as prices for machines and disks seem reasonable now.

Anyone got any feedback on the LG BD550?
Just needs to be able to play Blu Ray disks well.
Seen it for £70 and have vouchers for said retailer which helps!

Andrew

Soldato
Been looking to get my first BD Player too as prices for machines and disks seem reasonable now.

Anyone got any feedback on the LG BD550?
Just needs to be able to play Blu Ray disks well.
Seen it for £70 and have vouchers for said retailer which helps!

Andrew

Althouhg I know nothing about that LG, I'd have no problem recommending Panasonic's range. Their BD75 is about £70

Back
Top Bottom