Looking for a Family car. Advice Please

Associate
Lots to choose from , personally I'd avoid anything with the 1.6 hdi (tdci in fords) engine, their not the best and reliability can be poor with leaking injectors , blown turbos, fuel rail, dpf and egr faults. Audi a4s are pretty reliable, handle well for an estate and easy to diagnose faults without needing a parts shotgun.

I am looking at a mondeo (please check my thread) and the ones I am looking at got a 2L tdci engine one with 207PS and the other 140PS.

Is this bad?

Man of Honour
It's a nice enough car

No it isn't. It's a 15 year old Mazda 6 and the good thing about it - the performance - is something that the OP has made absolutely no mention that he cares about at all and will lead to much higher ownership costs. For nothing.

Perhaps it works if you're a performance saloon fan and really want one but what in the OPs requirements makes you think he fits that description?

Caporegime
No it isn't. It's a 15 year old Mazda 6 and the good thing about it - the performance - is something that the OP has made absolutely no mention that he cares about at all and will lead to much higher ownership costs. For nothing.

Perhaps it works if you're a performance saloon fan and really want one but what in the OPs requirements makes you think he fits that description?
They also rust like crazy at that age. It's almost a certainty there's rot somewhere.

Associate
OP
It is seems a bit overpriced but I think because they seem to be harder to source up here. One thing about the Autotrader ad is that on the History Check it says "there maybe outstanding finance" on it.

Back
Top Bottom