• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for a GPU that does 4K/HDR

Associate
Hi peeps.

I currently have a R480x Nitro+ in my rig but it can't manage 60hz in HDR & 4k (drops to 30hz). this is a bit crap.

So I'm looking for an upgrade that will run my LG display at 60hz, 4k & HDR.

Price around between 200-250 and something that will give me the power to run games on the monitor at a reasonable quality (mainly for work / video).

Any suggestions, any make is fine.

Associate
OP
The same was asked by someone quite recently here:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/4k-gaming-for-200-possible.18859823/

4K for £200 is going to be tricky. You would have to drop the quality quite significantly to get 60Hz. You will get a better overall quality by playing at a lower resolution with higher quality settings. Some games allow you to scale down the 3D render resolution but keep HUD elements at native 4K. This can be a good technique for improving frame rates whilst avoiding blurry text.

Thanks for the link. Looking at it ther edoesn't seem to be the mention of HDR, which is my current problem.

The R480 can do 4k with HDR but only 30hz. Which is a bit ****. Maybe the vega is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom