Looking for a HDR monitor

Soldato
At the moment, I have the Asus ROG PG279Q monitor, I'm looking to upgrade and hand this monitor down to my wife.

My key requirements are as follows:
  • 1440p
  • 27" (not fused if it has to be curved)
  • IPS
  • G Sync
  • HDR
  • 144hz
I'm also toying with the idea of 4k, however with a single 2080ti most games I play will be reduced to the 60fps mark at 4k and I'd rather have the smoother higher refresh rate hence I'm sticking with 1440p.

So, does such a monitor exist? HDR is the key thing I'm looking for as more and more games are supporting it and I'd really like to utilise this option.

Permabanned
^ That is 350 nit, so nonexistent/bad HDR experience. It's the same for the upcoming competing monitors, from what I've seen.

Can't think of a monitor that meets those requirements, with decent HDR.

Soldato
I got an HDR400 monitor and HDR looks fantastic especially in recent games, seems developers are getting the hang of it. Don't listen to naysayers. You can find tons of people online complaining about how bad HDR looks on their expensive FALD tv with artifacts like halo effect etc. HDR is a must and you do not need HDR1000 or gimmicks like fald to enjoy it. OLED is the only upgrade worth saving for.

Soldato
I got an HDR400 monitor and HDR looks fantastic especially in recent games, seems developers are getting the hang of it. Don't listen to naysayers. You can find tons of people online complaining about how bad HDR looks on their expensive FALD tv with artifacts like halo effect etc. HDR is a must and you do not need HDR1000 or gimmicks like fald to enjoy it. OLED is the only upgrade worth saving for.

It's not that HDR in itself is bad, but that the HDR-400 standard is junk, with such a low barrier for entry that it's virtually meaningless.

What specific monitor do you have?

Back
Top Bottom