Looking for a new case for my build.

Associate
I have been looking at cases and I just love white cases!. I found the Silverstone Raven 2 to be really nice in white buts its a real shame that Overclockers don't stock it :(.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-065-SV&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1092

I also very much like the look of the Corsair 600T White but after reading the reviews it now doesn't seem as appealing. Also the NZXT Phantom in white does look amazing but this never seems to be in stock :(.

I have found the Cooler Master CM-690 II Advanced Dominator Case - All White in the clearance line but I don't know what parts are missing so it would be good for a confirmation.

Any thoughts on the cases from your own experiences?

Update:
I have found this and could probably stretch to this but it would be good in Overclockers could put it in a white case.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-034-OE&groupid=962&catid=2086&subcat=

Last edited:
Associate
I've had the cm690 and now the raven rv02. The cm690 is a good case but has it limitations. There is not a lot room behind the motherboard tray at all and the cut outs for cables could be a bit better. The cooling is good as you can have multipule fans in it.

The Raven rv02 is a fantastic case. There is loads of room behind the motherboard tray. Good cut outs for cabling. The Fact that the cables come out the top is good as you can get teh case almost flush against the wall. Cooling is aslo very good. I have a h80 in mine and running my 2500k at 4.2 with idle temps of 32 degress.

The only real downside on the Raven is the size. It is 64 cm long so you need a wide desk if you are putting it on the desk.

In my opinion i would go for the Raven 10 time out of 10. That said the cm690 is also a good case and a bit cheaper.

Associate
OP
I've had the cm690 and now the raven rv02. The cm690 is a good case but has it limitations. There is not a lot room behind the motherboard tray at all and the cut outs for cables could be a bit better. The cooling is good as you can have multipule fans in it.

The Raven rv02 is a fantastic case. There is loads of room behind the motherboard tray. Good cut outs for cabling. The Fact that the cables come out the top is good as you can get teh case almost flush against the wall. Cooling is aslo very good. I have a h80 in mine and running my 2500k at 4.2 with idle temps of 32 degress.

The only real downside on the Raven is the size. It is 64 cm long so you need a wide desk if you are putting it on the desk.

In my opinion i would go for the Raven 10 time out of 10. That said the cm690 is also a good case and a bit cheaper.

Cheers for the reply mate, I have been looking at all the reviews for it and it has amazing airflow according to the reviews. I just wish Overclockers had it in white, it looks amazing!.

Associate
I had the first rv02 version and sold it to get the newer version with the predator fans and the ft02 style hd bay. They are an amazing case for airflow and easy to work in.

I have the black one but the White one looks so good. Had to stop myself from selling mine to get a White one when they came out.

You would not be disappointed with the either the raven or the cm690. For me the raven wins but its all about personal choice really.

Back
Top Bottom