Looking for a PC build please

Man of Honour
In my mind, might be wrong or oversimplifying it, G-Sync is a variable-FPS display so matches the variable NVidia GPU. This makes sense in my mind at least.
that's correct, adaptive sync (freesync/gsync) = variable refresh rates

Monitor our lasts a system or 2 GPU changes normally
depends lol. i've changed monitor 3 times, and gpu 3(4) times...
7950 -> 7990 -> quadfire 7990 (back to 7990) -> 1080ti

ofc when i changed monitors, it was big jumps too.
24" 1080p -> 28" 4k -> 32" 1440p

guess my next step would be 32" 1440p gsync 144hz (if i can justify it - finding it hard though for £800 - rather get a 49/50" 4k tv for that price to use as a large monitor)

Man of Honour
Yeah I'm tempted with the 32" AOC Freesync for £200 still
i've got this monitor. for the price it's a very good monitor. but has ghosting issues, and also panel quality is very variable.
i got lucky with mine, no dead/stuck/bright pixels, and although ghosting is there, 90% of the time, i'm okay with it.

would i recommend this panel, maybe, with caveats.
would i get it again, knowing i can afford a better monitor? no.

Sure HDR G Sync and Freesync meant to be out this Quarter..
nah, not gonna upgrade so soon after getting a monitor in the last 4-5 months.
i'm reasonably happy with my choice so far.

Associate
OP
would i recommend this panel, maybe, with caveats.
would i get it again, knowing i can afford a better monitor? no.

Good to know. Might see how I go with current monitor and if disappointed I'll look at getting something good. I guess £200 for 32" is probably a good clue that it isn't ideal :D

Man of Honour
You just need to accept you aren't going to get Ferrari performance for fiesta money. :)
For the price, it is a good monitor

Soldato
onl thing that really differs between the two is fan amount and heat pipes .
windforce has one less fan and one less heatpipe . able to cut it down due to the total design of the PCB - VRM are to the left and chip has been rotated . heatsoak and power draw is contained better and targeted .
both will OC to the same :)

get which ever is cheapest haha

gigabyte unlike a few actively cool VRM on the main heatsink- can be a con and negative etc etc

Soldato
Thanks Orbitalwalsh. Both same price. Windforce is in stock so in my mind is the winner in that case

still both come with 3 years warranty and UK RMA - dual slot and standard width in size for able to fit most cases nicely- the aorus version has 5 heat pipes i think and a copper back plate - doesn't do to much to be honest- VRM and PCB design is 100% the same - just will run little cooler and quieter

Back
Top Bottom