Looking for a quiet ATX Case

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking to build a new PC after my 4th Gen i7 blew up (PSU and/or MB dead I think).
My last system had a NoFan CPU cooler, but now I'm looking for a 5600X I thought I might venture into quiet fans like ones from Scythe or beQuiet.

Anyway, its the case I'm keen on getting right. Here is my old case.

I've shortlisted the Fractal Design Define 7 Compact although I've read the Define C is better at keeping quiet?

Any views on a good quiet case given I might actually have a fan cooler this time?

Thanks.

Soldato
I think you'll be happy with a define (they pop up in every "silent case" roundup for good reason). That said, the case fans, GPU and CPU cooler noise is going to bleed out of any case and you can largely reduce noise in less silence focussed cases just by being very selective with your cooling choices, but having a sound dampened define(or other case) certainly helps.

My mum has an old(modded) Scythe Ninja in her P400S(fan rarely comes on the heatsink alone does such a good job), my father has a single fan(140mm) BeQuiet cooler(can't recall the model, but looks similar to my Thermalright True) in his P400S (alongside Silent Wings for case fans) and they both have quieter systems than i do, that's putting aside any GPU ramp up noise (but you'll never eliminate that 100%, all GPUs make noise when under load, short of pure passive cooling).

Friend also purchased a R4 a day after seeing my build in the case, loaded it with BeQuiet case cooling (Noctua on the CPU) and he's been chuffed with it ever since (again, also runs quieter than mine). The takeaway for me is that i should probably get around to switching to BeQuiet fans (it's just the cost, fractals are less than half the price(of Silent Wings) and are decent/quiet enough for my needs).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom