Looking for a slightly smaller case

Associate
Hey all,

I've currently got my system inside a Lian-Li PC-7HB. I've been really happy with it over the years. It's well built, looks professional, and has great airflow.

I've recently rearranged my home office so that me and my partner can work side-by-side, and that process has resulted in a little less desk space than before. The case takes up a fair old space on it. I was thinking how I've not used a DVD drive in many years now, and started looking at some of the new cases on OCUK without the unnecessary drive bays...

But I am struggling to find something that meets the following criteria:

* Well built. Prefer aluminium.
* All black, or all white.
* Good airflow.
* "Professional" look (I suppose synonymous with "boring"!) - clean lines, straight edges, etc.
* No RGB. No glass.
* Around £100.

Maybe I'm being too picky/fussy! I would like to see what you suggest :)

Associate
So i'm also looking to downsize from a mid tower. With me it's that my desk is now lost as more space needed for kids.. so i'm on a laptop for work (which was needed anyway for network access etc) and want to move the main PC to living room, where space is at a premium. These are the ones that would also fit your criteria.

Mid size ATX:
NZXT H510 White - though it does have glass :/

Small Size ITX:
Fractal Design Define Nano S - Black Only
Coolermaster NR200 - OCUK only have the windowed edition, but there is a solid wall edition out there too
LianLi TU150

The H510 is frontrunner at the mo as it means i don't need to change anything else other than the case. With the other cases i need to get itx board, sfx supply etc

Associate
Coolermaster NR200 - OCUK only have the windowed edition, but there is a solid wall edition out there too
FYI - The NR200P (which is what you are referring to) with the tempered glass panel will also come with the steel panel as well. The stock NR200 comes with steel panel only.

Associate
It is true. I have one (bought from ocuk). Comes with window panel, vented panel, 2x120mm fans and the PCI riser for if you want to vertical mount. If itx is your thing, it's (imo) a steal at the price. See the thread on it for more

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. I have seen a lot of the NZXT H510 and admittedly it does look fairly smart. I've not heard of the Raijintek, but I'll check out some reviews and have a bit more of a think. Thanks :)

Soldato
Have a look at the phanteks cases, the p600s may fit the bill with the vent covers on and it looks great. My previous two cases have been phanteks and while not all aluminium etc they're a company that take a lot of pride in their products as opposed to others such as Lian li. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Back
Top Bottom