Looking for a solid starter PC

Associate
Welcome to the forum. You'll need to remove the competitor link.

Yes, you can get cheaper while still getting a solid starter gaming PC.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £553.15 (includes shipping: £12.30)

OcUK can give you a build quote if you ask them. You will also save quite a bit of cash if you install Windows yourself (download from Microsoft onto USB 8GB+ drive) and purchase a cheap key (do some research).

You can spend more if you like (Ryzen 3600 or 3600X CPU and RX 580 8GB) but for a starter this would be fine.

A decent PSU like this one will be better than a cheapo "400W" like the one in the system you were looking at. Better for any CPU/GPU upgrades too.

Thanks for the recommendation, it's way cheaper then what my friend said. I'll defo look into this. Would a WiFi adapter be alright or would you just say just use a wired connection. Im trying to avoid having wires everywhere around the house. If wired still better I can some adjustments. But overall thanks for the help .

If you need Wifi the best performance and value option is to go for the B450 Pro Carbon motherboard. Its Wifi is better than what you can purchase separately, for the money. Plus something less to connect to PCI slot (or USB).

If possible though, use wired. Always best.

For that CPU there's no point going with a liquid cooler unless you really fancy the idea and can find one for close to the price of something like a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 which is ample for a 2600. But the stock cooler on the 2600X is better than the one with the 2600, so if aiming for better cooling I'd rather spend a bit more on the 2600X and get a bit more performance at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom