Looking for Career advice.

Associate
Hello

Been a long time since I posted.

I'am looking to get into IT again, I have been thinking as a software dev or cyber security.

A bit of background:

I was in IT, IT repair hardware & software (installation of OS's & general software) for, I would say a good 5-6 years, still do it to some degree.

Basic Finance/auditing (you could say cashier) at a large wholesalers that dealt with:

Auditing accounts
Payments
General EPOS use
Semi-maintaining the computer systems in our office.
Worked mostly on the AS400 that was modified for their use.

Did this for about 7 years

Currently:
Working as a Gas engineer for about 1.5 years

Working with:
Gas Appliances
Fault finding, breakdowns, repairs.

Since my heart attack and having a young child, I really want to pursue a more IT related or you could say less physical demanding job and more inline with this kind of field.

I have read another users post about him wanting to get into CS, and I'm still very interested in the IT Field, I have tried my hand at learning a programming language but find myself becoming off track very quickly.

Would love some suggestions/advice and thank you for reading !

Caporegime
I'am looking to get into IT again, I have been thinking as a software dev or cyber security.

[...]I have tried my hand at learning a programming language but find myself becoming off track very quickly.

Would love some suggestions/advice and thank you for reading !

I don't quite follow this bit, what do you mean you've tried your hand at it? You've done some courses? You've built things? Also "becoming off track very quickly? What does that mean exactly? You're not able to focus or you get stuck a lot?

Have you tried using ChatGPT or Copilot if you get stuck, that might help a bit.

Associate
OP
I don't quite follow this bit, what do you mean you've tried your hand at it? You've done some courses? You've built things? Also "becoming off track very quickly? What does that mean exactly? You're not able to focus or you get stuck a lot?

Have you tried using ChatGPT or Copilot if you get stuck, that might help a bit.
Hello

Sorry for the confusion.

I have just started some basic programming courses and I find that i become less focused on trying to learn the basics.

Maybe I'am finding it hard to understand or that it is hard to concentrate.

I haven't tried chatGPT to be fair or copilot.

Back
Top Bottom