Looking for new car

Associate
Haaa thats nothing - I used to drive a 1.1 Hyundai getz and on motorway journeys would do 25mpg lol

You are just driving the car wrong, you should not be doing 80+ mph in a 1.1 Getz, you should be doing 60 mph. 80+ will be far outside its economical band hence your 25mpg.

If you want to drive faster on the motorway then buy a car that is more suited to it and don't thrash a town car and blame it for bad mpg.

Soldato
Hello,

At this current moment in time i am a unfortunate owner of a Citroen C2 1.4 Furio. Now this car is fine if you want to pop down the post office but for long journeys it's pretty damn useless. It guzzles fuel like nothing else and does about 30mpg! :/

I'm looking into getting a much better car that can handle long journeys fine and that is fairly cheap to run.

I've had my license for 2 years so i don't want a car that is in a high insurance group otherwise i won't be saving myself money.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Cas. :)

I feel your pain :p 1.4 Ibiza and I get about 35mpg, but I'm sure part of that is my lead foot.

Soldato
I feel your pain :p 1.4 Ibiza and I get about 35mpg, but I'm sure part of that is my lead foot.

The only car I've had with a small petrol engine was a 1.4 Xsara - a bigger car than a C2 or Ibiza and I managed 40mpg without having to think about driving gently.

Man of Honour
I like to cruise at 90. 90 in my old diesel meant the turbo was fully on song and so got about 30mpg, 90 in my vts is quite low down the revs so still gets around 30mpg.

Why do you not find yourself nicked? I'd love to cruise at 90 but the one time I did, on a dual carriageway at the beginning of my driving career, I got slapped with 3 points and a 60 quid fine!

GT3

GT3

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14982189 said:
Why do you not find yourself nicked? I'd love to cruise at 90 but the one time I did, on a dual carriageway at the beginning of my driving career, I got slapped with 3 points and a 60 quid fine!

Just tend to stick with the flow of traffic and never be the fastest one on the motorway at that time and I've always been ok. I've got 6 points for talking on the phone however.

Back
Top Bottom