Looking for someone good with CSS

Soldato
I'm working on a project which I hope to release as open source at some point. I can do all the backend programming and the HTML and most of the JavaScript, but I'm not too hot when it comes to CSS and the design aspect.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in working on this blogging platform with me and help with the CSS? If you have any ideas, I'd be happy to implement them as a way of saying thank you. I'm pretty sure that some of the features I am planning haven't been done in an open source blogging platform before.

Furthermore, I want to add some essential e-commerce features later on (which will be optional). If anyone is interested, then let me know, and I can give you access to the Git repository. The project is written in Python and uses the Django web framework.

Soldato
OP
Why not tie the entire project to the Bootstrap framework for HTML/CSS?

Lots of documentation, videos, tutorials and lots of people can help with it :)

That is the plan if I can't get anyone interested in joining the open source project and doing the CSS for it from scratch. The thing is I've been using modern CSS like CSS Flexbox and CSS Grids (which are fantastic) and due to the fact I have specific plans for the software and the open source license is different I think it would be best to try and get some help with it at first.

I've used Bootstrap in the past, but every site ends up looking the same.

Associate
Bootstrap 4 deffo supports flexbox - not sure on 3 but a quick read of the spec should tell you!

Careful with Grid as browser support is awful currently (caniuse.com is a great tool if unsure).

My design skills are nothing special but I'm pretty decent with CSS - cant promise I'll have much time around a full time job and a 3 year old but am happy to take a quick look!

Soldato
OP
Bootstrap 4 deffo supports flexbox - not sure on 3 but a quick read of the spec should tell you!

Careful with Grid as browser support is awful currently (caniuse.com is a great tool if unsure).

My design skills are nothing special but I'm pretty decent with CSS - cant promise I'll have much time around a full time job and a 3 year old but am happy to take a quick look!

I've switched over to using Bootstrap 4 for the time being rather than my custom CSS. I still hope one day someone will come on board and give the project a complete redesign, but I guess by using Bootstrap 4 they can make a new theme for it without having to do the CSS from scratch.

Anyway it is still early on in development although I am making good progress so far. Hopefully, when this is all finished, it will be a useful piece of open source software.

My Git skills suck though. I need to improve them. If anyone is interested in seeing the code I have it hosted in a public repository on Gitlab which you can browse without an account.

Commissario
I've switched over to using Bootstrap 4 for the time being rather than my custom CSS. I still hope one day someone will come on board and give the project a complete redesign, but I guess by using Bootstrap 4 they can make a new theme for it without having to do the CSS from scratch.

Anyway it is still early on in development although I am making good progress so far. Hopefully, when this is all finished, it will be a useful piece of open source software.

My Git skills suck though. I need to improve them. If anyone is interested in seeing the code I have it hosted in a public repository on Gitlab which you can browse without an account.

Share away, best way you can get feedback!

Soldato
OP
Just found GitKraken. Works on Linux, Mac and Windows and seems to be a pretty good Git GUI tool. Seems all you need to do is register an account with them. I think I'll switch to using that for the time being. Along with Meld as my diff and merge tool things should be much easier.

Back
Top Bottom