Looking for thoughts on my build specs.

Associate
Hey all, - follow on from my post a few months back,

Been looking into things & have come up with the below, - Just wondering on thoughts, - any critiques or suggestions.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £1,563.86 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

Purpose of the PC 1.
Purpose is an upgrade to my old PC, - will use for Games ( a bit to start, maybe more if needed) a bit of light Graphics work / Photoshop, & my wife might use for some CAD work.

I already have a WD_BLACK SN850X for a boot / games drive.

A couple of questions:
1. It'll go in my office where I have a Monitor & a TVm so can use on either?
2. Do I need the thermal paste ( I've never needed a CPU cooler before?
3. would the PSU be adequate for the build? I did a quick check on Fastegg & it said ~600W, so I'm thinking it'll be fine, right?
4. Would I need water cooling for this? is it likely to run hot? ( I'm thinking the CPU cooler should be sufficient, right?

thx in advance....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
1. It'll go in my office where I have a Monitor & a TVm so can use on either?
What connectors do they have? DP? HDMI?

2. Do I need the thermal paste ( I've never needed a CPU cooler before?
You can usually find out if you check the tech specs (I couldn't see anything) or reviews/unboxing videos. Like this one:

Not sure I'd bother replacing the stock cooler with that, but your call.

3. would the PSU be adequate for the build? I did a quick check on Fastegg & it said ~600W, so I'm thinking it'll be fine, right?
Yeah, but if it was me, I'd rather 850 for a 7900 XT, because 750 is the minimum that Sapphire recommend and I'd like some headroom for spikes and keeping the temps down.

4. Would I need water cooling for this? is it likely to run hot? ( I'm thinking the CPU cooler should be sufficient, right?
No, the G300A's stock cooling is fine. CPU is very modest in power consumption too (even though they run hot), see here.

Soldato
G300A is a good case as I've used the previous gen versions several times.

Change that Bitfenix 120mm for a Phanteks fan to match the others. Phanteks like to use a specific connector that daisy changes easily for the RGB case controller.

OCUK don't stock it but I highly rate the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Air Coolers (black or white)

850W is my usual default for a decent GPU with some future headroom. 750W would work though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Would avoid that Corsair PSU. Whilst it's supposedly "ATX 3.0" certified, it does not have a 12vhpwr socket/cable.

Back
Top Bottom