looking for ugrade advice

Associate
Forgive my ignorance but will a radeon card fit my mobo thx
yes it will. however be aware that large video cards probably wont fit into small cases (usually their length is too long - like 330mm!). So determine what case you be using a get a video card that will fit the case (or buy the video card first and then make sure to get a case that will house that card).

Associate
Ah yes it's Gsync. The monitor is the best thing I've ever bought for a pc.
Gsync is for Nvidia cards whereas radeon cards can use freesync. However that doesn't mean a radeon card wont work in a gsync monitor - because it will work (you will see the picture displayed) - its just that feature for matching the refresh between the monitor and card wont be available.

it sounds like its a good monitor and gives a good display and should also give a good display with a radeon card. I am finding that every time I upgrade my gpu that the picture is displayed better, so more modern gpu = better picture (despite keeping the monitor the same)

Associate
OP
yes it will. however be aware that large video cards probably wont fit into small cases (usually their length is too long - like 330mm!). So determine what case you be using a get a video card that will fit the case (or buy the video card first and then make sure to get a case that will house that card).
Thanks I have already assembled into a large case that's why I was originally looking for a standard size mobo but it seems they run no faster.

Associate
Thanks I have already assembled into a large case that's why I was originally looking for a standard size mobo but it seems they run no faster.
yes you are correct, standard ATX sized mobo's run no faster. I have put mATX and mini ITX's into a ATX case as they were cheaper and I didn't need the extra RAM or PCI slots.

Back
Top Bottom