Looking to build a new PC

Associate
OP
As I've (still) not purchased anything yet, I've got a choice of 2 graphics cards. Can't really link them as I can't find them on non retail sites.

For £600, either an EVGA 1080 SC or an Asus 1080 Strix Advanced Gaming or for £650, an EVGA 1080 FTW2.

I know they're still overpriced but seeing as I don't have one, it's not so bad and just have to accept prices are high. The Asus has 3 fans and the EVGA cards have 2. Does anyone know which would be better? Maybe the Asus would be quieter out of the 3?

Some components have come down in price since I started looking, maybe a little longer and the cards might drop.

Man of Honour
i wouldn't get any asus gpu outside of ocuk, as their warranty service is practically non-existent.
(ocuk have a separate warranty agreement with asus)

Associate
OP
i wouldn't get any asus gpu outside of ocuk, as their warranty service is practically non-existent.
(ocuk have a separate warranty agreement with asus)

It'll be covered by a 3 year warranty whichever card I choose of those. Any views on the cards?

Associate
OP
on paper, yes, but in reality. no.
asus warranty is a joke.

out of the list, i'd go with the evga sc, the £50 premium for the ftw2 isn't worth it

The warranty is with the supplier who will build it. And if Asus is so bad for warranty, why didn't anyone mention this when I've said all along I want an Asus motherboard?

Associate
OP
It all depends on prices. With the amount I'm spending, I'm making sure I get the best possible deal. And yes, the builder is covering the whole build for 3 years (if I choose to go with them).

Man of Honour
if the systems integrator is warrantying the whole build (ie they'll do the troubleshooting + replacement if things should go wrong)
then get the asus card

Back
Top Bottom