• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking to upgrade a GTX 780 Ti (water) - what is best?

Associate
Hi guys,

Just been paid and have here a trusty 780 Ti that I have had since launch. I won't be selling it as I'll simply move it over to my second rig.

I've been looking at getting the MSI Sea Hawk 1080 Ti but £800 is a lot of money.

I want something that will last 4 years of gaming but ideally not break the bank. No doubt this has been asked a million times but what would be recommended in my specific situation in terms of best bang for buck?

It looks like the 1060 is barely any better than my 780 Ti?!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Tom

Associate
OP
Guys, thank you all for your thoughtful replies (especially you Conan!).

The issue I have is that I also run a second rig in my recording studio that will also need an upgrade soon as it is only on a gtx 670 currently. I tend to just hand me down my last card so this rig will receive my current 780 ti.

It sounds like waiting until Volta however is the best option. Guess i'll buy a new microphone instead in the mean time! ;)

Back
Top Bottom