Looks like Abit have dropped the ball ....

Associate
Abit are total crap. A few years ago a bought an abit board, and i had nothing but trouble. I returned the board 4 times and everytime got a new one, and i still didnt have any joy. I kid you not, if you gave me ANY abit motherboard i would just bin it there and then. For my it can only be Asus or DFI, they are simply well made board that keep the pc steady and happy,plus, they always seem to get a lot of updates/bios's. Oh, and i never pay less than £120 for a motherboard. At the end of the day, the motherboard is what connects everything up and gets every component talking to each other.

Soldato
I've got an Abit at the moment (AN8-SLI Fatal1ty) and it's been very solid. The uGuru software is a bit iffy at times (although I believe they've released a new version, will have to check it out), but other than that, I'm happy.

Had 3 Asus boards in the past, both had problems. I know their new boards are very solid, but it'll be a while before I give them my money again, nonetheless.

-

Associate
TheVoice said:
Had 3 Asus boards in the past, both had problems. :confused:

-

I had an Abit A8N SLI Fatality and it was a fantastic motherboard for me, however ASUS have always been great when iv'e had them, also. Never had any issues with any boards other than DFI.

Soldato
deadeyedic30 said:
Agreed, Abit NF7-S was one of the greats. Thier problem was they lost their best research and development guys to DFI. :(

agreed...

it isnt coincidental DFI only actually got OK with the NF3 250gb ... before that, the NF2 boards were WAAY too much hassle... higher FSB than the NF7-S, but lower clock overall... and 80% of em just died for no reason

Soldato
As you can tell by the sig Abits are still my favourite boards & I haven't had any problems with the layouts, performance or reliability.

re. the new AB9, yes it's odd but in a certain mindset it make sense (like the Max boards without legacy ports).
Intel saw fit not to put an IDE controller in the sb because they believe that it's dead & the floppy is virtually obsolete too.
I can't believe that anybody is willing to spend several £100s to upgrade mobo, cpu & possibly RAM & quibble about £25 for a SATA DVD-R/RW (e.g. Samsung) ...

The guy has an ES CPU, afaik the board works fine with retail CPUs.
& people have been having to flash Asus boards to get them to work with Core 2 too.
Of course if it's a dog performance wise fair enough but I don't think that it will be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom