Loose toilet seat.. Can't find a way to remove.

Caporegime
Seat is loose and I don't want to drop one on the floor.
It's one of those soft drop ones.

Been watching YouTube vids and seems there should be a button but I cannot find it. I've even tried poking something in the hole.

Any ideas?

IWyxYGW.jpg

Man of Honour
some have the quick release button and some don't, if it doesn't then you'll need to take the full assembly off the bowl by undoing the plastic nuts underneath.

Caporegime
OP
some have the quick release button and some don't, if it doesn't then you'll need to take the full assembly off the bowl by undoing the plastic nuts underneath.
Damn. Little info on this. Every video seemed to suggest it was possible.

One of the plastic nuts turns with the threaded bolt so I'm guessing it's stripped inside. Sounds like a forceful remove needed

Caporegime
You definitely can't like turn the bit above where the bolt would be? Like looking at your first pic, not the small hole, but the gap you can see.

Last edited:
Associate
Brute force rip it off :cry:
This is most likely the right answer, some seats just clip onto the mounts.
Remove one side at a time, get a good grip of the seat with a couple of fingers either side of the hinge and give it a short sharp pull up. Hold the pan down with your other hand to prevent it moving.

Caporegime
OP
This is most likely the right answer, some seats just clip onto the mounts.
Remove one side at a time, get a good grip of the seat with a couple of fingers either side of the hinge and give it a short sharp pull up. Hold the pan down with your other hand to prevent it moving.

Looks like this was the answer.

I lifted the seat and gave it a sharp Pull.

Sucess!

Now I just need to leave job unfinished so gf gets a cold ass on the porcelain!

I might just be able to tighten it up.. Later!

oTDxs6f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom