Loud ring tone & alerts

Associate
I bought a samsung S9 plus sim free in June when outside the ringer isn't loud enough for me & also the Txt message alert leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm looking for another phone which doesn't cost such silly money with a louder ringtone Can anyone offer advise please? CFW are prepared to buy my current phone, not by a long chalk for what I paid though

Thanks

Associate
Anyways my 2 pence and take this with a pinch of salt.

I recommend the Nokia 8 because I own one and the alerts etc are loud and you can get the Nokia 8 for like £175 to £260.

The reason is because I want to put this phone on the map and does not cost silly money and is a flagship phone so it would be ideal and does not in anyway feel cheap.

Anyways please consider this phone because this is a flagship phone at a low price, or at the price the Nokia 8 is at is that at best you can get a mid range phone and not the flagship phone which is the Nokia 8.

Anyways I recommend that you go to a phone shop to test phones that have a loud ringtone or not.

Either way my Nokia is loud enough to suit my preference but maybe not for you.

Dan

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah well at near max volume ringtone I can confirm is loud but perhaps not the loudest.

I would however at max ringtone volume I would for me definitely be able to hear the phone if I was at least 5 meters away or a bit more and this is with ambient noise like the sound of the TV etc.

I would love to let you know first hand if I could to show you how loud the Nokia 8 is.

Anyways happy hunting.

Dan

Last edited:
Associate
A different way of getting around this would be to buy a Xiaomi Mi Band 2 or 3, anything from £20 to £30 on the rainforest and set it up to vibrate when you get a call or text (you can also selectively setup app notifications). You'd also get sleep monitoring and step counter all in a decent app from the playstore called Mi Fit. As a watch it's pretty pants as you can't see the screen with any amount of sunlight, also the font is very small but for alerting you it's OK. Just a thought...

EDIT: Also they have fantastic battery life, I was getting upto 4 weeks out of my Mi Band 2, gave it to my brother as he was in the same situation as you, he never misses a call or text now.

Associate
Are you seriously going to buy a new phone because the ringer isn't loud enough?! Try changing the ring tone and increasing the volume before you drop hundreds on a new phone for a rather odd reason.

Associate
OP
Point 1 The phone is setup to maximum volume as confirmed by the manufacturer
Admittedly at 75 i Might be a little mutton although its very rare I need people to repeat themselves
I guess I should have made you aware I'm semi disabled and am forced to use a mobility scooter mainly on pavement by busy main roads
I'm sure you can image with weather we've been having I hit the pavements with very heavy water clothing which not only deadens the sound but vibrations also. I didnt have a problem with a Samsung Note II But I'm certainly getting it now with the Samsung S9 plus

@ Ping8781 can you recommend any reliably safe sites to download from please

@ something daft already I've tried every ring tone the phone got on tap.

PS Sorry about the late reply

Associate
If you have any mp3s on your phone that you find particularly loud, ideally right from the start of the track then use the Samsung Music app to set them as a ringtone. Find the track you want in the app then tap the 3 dots, choose 'Set as', you then have the choice of selecting 'From the beginning' or 'Highlights only'

Soldato
A different way of getting around this would be to buy a Xiaomi Mi Band 2 or 3, anything from £20 to £30 on the rainforest and set it up to vibrate when you get a call or text (you can also selectively setup app notifications). You'd also get sleep monitoring and step counter all in a decent app from the playstore called Mi Fit. As a watch it's pretty pants as you can't see the screen with any amount of sunlight, also the font is very small but for alerting you it's OK. Just a thought...

EDIT: Also they have fantastic battery life, I was getting upto 4 weeks out of my Mi Band 2, gave it to my brother as he was in the same situation as you, he never misses a call or text now.

This is the best advice, go for a cheap band that connects via Bluetooth and vibrates

Back
Top Bottom