LOW-FI - Technolust 2.

Soldato
Don't know if anybody has seen this yet but it sure looks like I could waste a lot of time in it just cruising around, kickstarter coming soon apparently, I might have to pick up Technolust sometime :)

Soldato
Hinted to the developer yesterday that perhaps there was some G-Police inspiration going on. He indulged me by confirming it was in his mind.

Away from the Hover car, the compact city streets look extremely atmospheric.

Soldato
Art style looks incredible but really all these VR games need more substance and game length.

More dialogue, player options, player decisions, exploration, upgrade mechanics.

I know they're all moreso associated with 2D games but VR games need that depth too, so that we actually invest in each experience and it also provides reasoning to go forwards in an individualised playthrough.

I really hope the standard length of VR single player campaigns becomes at least 8-10 hours this year. I'd prefer closer to 15-20 but I understand the constaints of the medium and development costs.

For example, Shadow Legend VR. As decent as it is, you really can't have an RPG which is <4 hours long. It needed to be 15 hours long and it would have been an absolute hit and staple within the VR space for the next 3 years. Instead its just a meh game.

Back
Top Bottom