Low FPS on my first pc i built yesterday

Soldato
He would be better off saving up a bit more for something like a 1050 ti if he wanted a gpu. The GT1030 is a bad choice in any case. The performance isn't much better than the APU that he already has.

Agreed - even at stock the Ryzen 5 2400G IGP is not far off a GT1030 GDDR5:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_5_2400G_Vega_11/12.html

Plus the Ryzen 3 2200G at around £85 costs only slightly more than a GT1030 GDDR5 and if you overclock it there are decent gains! It also appears Overwatch runs quite well on the Vega based IGPs:

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1574/bench/Overwatch_1080p.png

Associate
He would be better off saving up a bit more for something like a 1050 ti if he wanted a gpu. The GT1030 is a bad choice in any case. The performance isn't much better than the APU that he already has.

of course he can, which was why I said if he is really on a strict budget, the 1030 gets a bad wrap, pretty unwarranted in my own experience with mine, I had to buy it due to the pre-built I had at the time having such a poor proprietary psu which made upgrading that a nightmare as well as being on an incredibly strict budget myself.

I know the newer gt1030's with the **** poor ddr4 memory should be avoided at all costs, but the boost I got from the old gt730 that was in the system was massive, again I know it is inferior to the gt1050 and the ti version, but still, for the sorts of games he plays it is a cheaper but decent option as a last resort.

Soldato
of course he can, which was why I said if he is really on a strict budget, the 1030 gets a bad wrap, pretty unwarranted in my own experience with mine, I had to buy it due to the pre-built I had at the time having such a poor proprietary psu which made upgrading that a nightmare as well as being on an incredibly strict budget myself.

I know the newer gt1030's with the **** poor ddr4 memory should be avoided at all costs, but the boost I got from the old gt730 that was in the system was massive, again I know it is inferior to the gt1050 and the ti version, but still, for the sorts of games he plays it is a cheaper but decent option as a last resort.

The R3 2200G is good enough for 720p though if that is what the op is playing at. The GT1030 isn't a big enough increase to warrant spending £65 on. He would get a better boost with a £100 gpu like the 1050/ti. Of course if he had a Ryzen cpu without an igpu then it might be a good choice as a short term solution.

Back
Top Bottom