• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Low GPU use with 3080 - lost performance

Soldato
Hi all,

So I got my first 3080 a few months back and it was great, was running Warzone at 3440x1440 maxxed out at around 100-120 fps all the time.
However a few weeks back I noticed this performance had dropped and I now get around 75-85 fps. I've got the latest drivers for everything, nothing is overheating, nowhere near in fact, I've changed RAM, reinstalled Windows and it's the same.
Today I checked the GPU utilisation and it's only using anything from 50-65% GPU at the most in Warzone, which seems very low. Now I know my 2700x will bottleneck it an extent but I used to have the performance and now it's gone?
I do have a second 3080 and it's exactly the same so it isn't the card itself.
Could it be a power issue? Any ideas?!

Edit: I've run 3Dmark and it gets a GPU score of 17,500 or so which isn't amazing but it's around average for a 3080?

Associate
Have you tried other games?
For your eference I get 60-70 FPS on blops cold war at 4K with with max settings using geeforce experience. I have a 3090 but there's not much in it between the 3080.
Try other games just to see. It could be a game update which has messed things up or try geeforce experience maybe.

Associate
I'm guessing the only change has been the version of the nvidia drivers you're using ? Maybe try an older version to see if that makes any difference ?

Soldato
OP
Hmm I hadn't considered older drivers, I'll give that a whirl today, good idea!
Other games seem to be ok, though I do seem to get some wild frame drops when I didn't used to.
DLSS doesn't work in Warzone yet sadly, waiting for it with baited breath!

Associate
I am having the exact same issue. I have asus TUF 3080 with i9-10900k. Although I want to achieve max FPS so playing on fairly low settings, anti-aliasing off etc.

All other games frames are nice and high. I'm getting 260+ frames on cold war.

Jump on warzone, low settings and I'm getting average of 130. Sometimes drops down to 100. I had better frames with my 1080! Lol.

If you find a fix let me know! I have a feeling it's warzone.... nothing to do with hardware.

Back
Top Bottom