• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LOW TIMESPY SCORES FOR 3080. HELP!

10k cpu score for the 2700x? My 5600x gets a 8286 lol this normal? and yeah you’re right. But can a 3700x outperform a 5600x in timespy just because it has more cores? Sorry, new to timespy. I usually use heaven only.
Yes the 5600x is ‘only’ a six core cpu it’s at the bottom of the enthusiast tier stack. Because most games rely on few cores the higher core speed of the new five series essentially means there’s very little if any performance difference between a six or sixteen core cpu in gaming benchmarks as most cores are sat twiddling their thumbs.

Throw in a benchmark which can make use of more cores and threads and yes a six core cpu can’t keep up with an eight core cpu.

You are better off with the 4K timespy benchmark where your cpu won’t be the weakest link.

NB I’m not in any way saying the 5600x is weak or inferior but in this scenario you’ve setup for yourself one pc component will always hold you back and at 1440p it’s the cpu.

Yes the 5600x is ‘only’ a six core cpu it’s at the bottom of the enthusiast tier stack. Because most games rely on few cores the higher core speed of the new five series essentially means there’s very little if any performance difference between a six or sixteen core cpu in gaming benchmarks as most cores are sat twiddling their thumbs.

Throw in a benchmark which can make use of more cores and threads and yes a six core cpu can’t keep up with an eight core cpu.

You are better off with the 4K timespy benchmark where your cpu won’t be the weakest link.

NB I’m not in any way saying the 5600x is weak or inferior but in this scenario you’ve setup for yourself one pc component will always hold you back and at 1440p it’s the cpu.
I see, thanks for the clarification. I guess I’ll just uninstall all these benchmark tools and continue gaming!

One more thing I assume you set your gpu fans (and all fans for that matter) to 100% for a benchmark run?

My 3080 is a Zotac amp holo and with the fans maxed averaged 49c in Timespy! That’s significantly lower than your 73c but the fe cards have great cooling so no reason why you couldn’t squeeze some more out if you haven’t already uninstalled:D

One more thing I assume you set your gpu fans (and all fans for that matter) to 100% for a benchmark run?

My 3080 is a Zotac amp holo and with the fans maxed averaged 49c in Timespy! That’s significantly lower than your 73c but the fe cards have great cooling so no reason why you couldn’t squeeze some more out if you haven’t already uninstalled:D
I’ve never ran it 100% haha I used the default msi afterburner curve which used the 1:1 ratio. My temps peak at 65 degrees at 30-32c as mentioned previously. But damn 49c! Your ambient must be super low.

I’ve never ran it 100% haha I used the default msi afterburner curve which used the 1:1 ratio. My temps peak at 65 degrees at 30-32c as mentioned previously. But damn 49c! Your ambient must be super low.
Not a low ambient just efficient cooling at 100% fans, makes a big difference in sustained clock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom