Lower your mask

Man of Honour
OP
What do you mean "never happened"? It's clearly illustrated in the pdf I provided-paragraph 4?

Thanks for that ethan, it’s a bit disconcerting to have someone apprise you of something that is happening, then thinking that it may be worthy of discussion and posting it, only to be accused by mental pygmies of inventing it.
I attach an excerpt from an email on the subject sent to me by a NYC judge.

“It’s been my experience that tipped workers have always been the easiest to harass, because the very nature of the tip means the customer starts off having power over you in a way customers don't over other types of workers.
Some people when they have power, abuse it, and that's apparently growing.
In states where they have gotten rid of the "sub-minimum" wage for servers, the incidents of harassment are much lower.
Min wage workers were getting harassed for enforcing mask policies, and now customers are saying to servers "Take off your mask or I won't tip you" kind of bullying.”

Soldato
Thanks for that ethan, it’s a bit disconcerting to have someone apprise you of something that is happening, then thinking that it may be worthy of discussion and posting it, only to be accused by mental pygmies of inventing it.
I believe the correct term is 'Forest People of Central Africa', and on behalf of the said minority I find your misuse of such language to be offensive! :D

Seriously though, what's there to discuss?
Bunch of pricks are behaving like pricks. Lodge an official complaint, refuse to serve them, get a new job, launch a Twitter campaign to shame these foul beings and bring the world awareness of your plight... or just kick them in the face until they learn some manners, thus resolving both the minimum-wage waitress community problems and those of anyone else on whom they might inflict thier particular brand of minor knobbery.

If this is the absolute worst someone has to face in their daily life, then things aren't that bad...

Soldato
Having lived in the US for a number of years until very recently. Tipping is expected, it's a huge thing. However, not once did I ever see or take part in a tip variance based upon looks. Those trends just sound like a bunch of Chad's being *****.

Soldato
Having lived in the US for a number of years until very recently. Tipping is expected, it's a huge thing. However, not once did I ever see or take part in a tip variance based upon looks. Those trends just sound like a bunch of Chad's being *****.

Chads? Like the guy from Nickelback??

Caporegime
What is this thread. What exactly is the point of debating this?
Go to agree this is a daft thread to post and there is no actual discussion to be had. So some guys did something brainless and frat-boy-esque, it's hardly a real "thing" and most waitresses/establishments would not stand for it.

Chads? Like the guy from Nickelback??
American Chavs? :D

Caporegime
I’ve encountered signs saying “please remove your mask to speak to security” at a few sites I deliver to / collect from, not via an intercom but face to face, usually I assume because the guard is foreign and can’t understand you, I don’t take mine off but see plenty who do it...

Man of Honour
You thought about putting this in cuisine? Put down the bong cheech. This thread should not be put anywhere. Something you heard that may or may not have happened on another continent, with no real consequence whether it did or did not happen, is not exactly a fire starter is it?

Soldato
Chuckled at that then immediately felt bad for chuckling about people getting routinely murdered. But hey, they want to keep their guns.
There are good and bad ways to go about keeping them, though. Plenty of other countries with comparable firearm ownership still manage to keep the mass shooting count down.

Back
Top Bottom