Lp2475w weird bright/stuck pixel problem!!!

Associate
I have had nothing but bad luck with the Lp2475w range of monitor. So far I am on my seventh. Long story short, one bad monitor had to RMA 6 times as all head units sent to me were refurbed and faulty. So I got HP to send me a brand new one which to be fair to them they did. I have had the new one for a week now and a bright pixel has appeared in the middle of the screen and the weirdest thing of all is that I was watching a film yesterday and it was in a full screen window. It looked a bit blocky so I reduced the size of the screen and a bright red pixel appeared to the right of the screen. It put it back to full screen and it disappeared, reduced it again and it appeared again!! I thought it must be the file so I went through my film collect and it was there every time. I used a dead pixel finder and it’s not there but as soon as I reduce the size of the window it appears. It now does it on web pages if for instance I view overclockers web page in full screen there is no bright red pixel but if I reduce the size of the web page and move the it to the area where the pixel is it’s there teasing me. GRRRR!! I am not sure what to do now this being my seventh one. I have looked on HP’s web site and they do have a zero bright pixel policy for this screen but I am beginning to wish I never got the HP.Iam guessing if I contact HP warranty they will send me a refurb but if I go back to customer services and tell them what going on they may send me another new one. :confused::confused:

Associate
OP
hello,

no the red pixel doesn't move around the screen it's always in the same place but it only appears when i reduce the window size i.e top right hand screen> click middle tab “restore down” and move it around and there it is.

When i run DPT the red pixel is not there. I have moved the monitor to a different pc and it’s the same result.

It did the same when I was looking at some photos on the screen. when I restored down the window and moved it over to the right of the screen it appeared but when I went to full screen it was gone???

I guess it must be a lazy pixel which over time will stay red BOO HOO!! Dam you HP even your new monitors are just as bad as your refurb units. I am not sure I can deal with sending it back to HP I mean 8 LP2475w’s 2 new and 6 refurbs units and all not 100% what’s the deal.

Depending on how bad it starts to bug me I might email HP customers services and request that they change it for another new one. Number 9 here we come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom