Lycosa problems

Soldato
Hi guys,

Received my Lycosa today, uk version from a competitor am afraid as although i touch type it would still bug me knowing i had a US version :p

Anyway since i have had it the lights costantly go out and i have to keep pressing the light button on the touch screen to light it back up and also i had an experience of the E key no longer functioning. I had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and its working again.

Anyone else experienced similar issues and should i be getting it replaced or is it something you just gotta put up with?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
have you tried updating the firmware? many razer products require firmware updates for proper functioning.

There is no new firmware for it, i did use drivers from the website though yeah. I find the lights just switch self off.

Just a minute ago the M stopped working and i had to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. The problem is its not all the time its just happening, if i send back to where i got it for replacement they will plug it in and all will seem fine so i will likely get same keyboard back and charged return costs :|

ideas?

Associate
Ive gotta lycosa too and experience the same problems, sometimes it doesnt recognize my keys either, I think ive found out that if you enable legacy usb support and/or the plug and play option in bios it sorts itself out, well i think it does anyway........havent had much problems since i did that....... and of course install the drivers too and you should be fine. :)

Associate
There is new firmware for it from the default one out of the box. Should say so in the bottom right hand corner of the razer configurator.

My current firmware version = 2.02

Have you tried disabling caps lock in the lycosa configurator menu to resolve the loss of key response? This is a known issue.

By disabling caps lock it will fix issue with the keys from failing to respond (well does with me anyway)

For the lights and though it sounds ridiculous in the lycosa configurator I would recommend checking to see if the light options is infact enabled as 'on', then uncheck (turn off) the boxes - Auto Switching, Show changes and system tray default.

Then click apply. Then ok.

Restart.

And see if that fixes the light issue.

Another option would be remove all drivers for razer and replugging the keyboard in without drivers first into a different USB port if possible, and after its setup with equivalent windows default drivers or whatever they are called - Then proceed to install the razer drivers over the top and repeat the above steps.

http://razerblueprints.net/ Is quite useful for lycosa and general razer troubleshooting.

So is http://www.artage.de/2008/03/10/razer-lycosa-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/ - German Fixer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom