1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-ATX Availability for Ryzen

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by nashathedog, Sep 12, 2017.

1. nashathedog

Soldato

Hello, I just had a new case delivered for a small form factor build I'm doing and I'm limited to either an ITX or M-ATX motherboard, The problem is that I'm struggling to find a decent M-ATX board.

Has anyone else done a Ryzen M-ATX build and did you find an X370 or are you using an A320 or B350 board and what's it like?

The Asus TUF-B350M-PLUS-GAMING & the MSI B350 Mortar Artic look okay but OCUK stocks neither for some reason.

2. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

3. nashathedog

Soldato

Thank's for the advice, I just ordered this motherboard and a 1700x, I want to get two 8gb sticks of 3200 mhz memory and was looking at this as I have a white Corsair AIR240 case and a black and white theme in mind is it a good option or should I consider something else?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...hannel-kit-white-cmk16gx4m2b32-my-486-cs.html

Thank's again.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gala...t-white-hof4cxlbs3200h14hd162k-my-002-kf.html ??

4. orbitalwalsh

Mobster

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £98.45
    (includes shipping: £10.50)

[​IMG]

I think the TUF is a ver new board on the market, OCUK might stock it soon

5. nashathedog

Soldato

Fortunately these motherboards aren't overly expensive so if a better option does release I'll be willing to switch it out.
    I was expecting to see a ROG board, I'm pretty sure there was M-ATX version when I got my current Z97 Hero m\b but they're definitely a lack of options so far.
    I've never had an Asrock board before so I'm interested in seeing what it's bio's is like.

6. Minstadave

Capodecina

An m-ATX Ryzen build sounds fun. Given there isn’t a great deal of overclocking room for an 8 core chip will most boards top out around the same?

7. orbitalwalsh

Mobster

its the case of , Ryzen was untested waters so they didnt put a lot of resources into it, now its a hot seller, and what makes it funny is B350 are just as good as the x370 option , look around here and for £1500 and lower systems we all pretty much recommend b350 systems lol.

I have a feeling when 2nd gen comes around, which will use same socket- vendors might put more resources for launch

8. andy_mk3

Soldato

I just built a ryzen 5 1600 system for a friend with the asrock pro4 matx mobo, very impressed with it really.

9. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

The best ram for this job is 8aback dark pro 3200Mhz C14. It's b die so the most compatible ic by far on ryzen.

10. nashathedog

Soldato

Thankyou.

11. nashathedog

Soldato

Hi, I was hoping to confirm I'm thinking right regarding this m/b.

I built the rig today but the graphics card does not fit in the case so when I saw a dvi and HDMI connector on the back of the motherboard I tried both to see if I could get to the Motherboard bio's or even better get to instal windows on it. But I get nothing then I thought APU's that must be why thew connectors are there. Am I right and am I unable to use then with Ryzen?

I like the board and was impressed that it has 2 M.2 connectors on it, One at 32x that will take advantage of something like the M.2 Polaris with 3000/1500 read and writes and one regular M.2. At the moment I only have one 256gb M.2 but I'd like to get a Polaris at some point as a boot drive, I've got an Intel 600 which isn't bad but the Polaris more than double the performance on tap. OCUK had a 256gb Polaris as the deal of the day last week I wish I'd grabbed one now.

12. 8 Pack

OcUK Staff

Yeah no onboard graphics on current ryzen line up.

13. nashathedog

Soldato

That's what I thought but I thought I'd seen on motherboard graphics mentioned in the board's book, My mistake, Cheer's again for the help..