Mac Messenger won't connect yet Adium does

Soldato
WTF is going on! :mad:

Last night it was working, I sleep it and wake it up this morning to find it won't connect.

Tried removing it, deleting prefs, everything.

Download Adium and its straight in. If I try and sign in using Mac Messenger while Adium is online, Adium is signed off but Mac Messenger still fails with "cannot connect to server" or words to that effect.

Grrrrr :mad:

Anyone else have this problem!?

Soldato
I had that problem in Tiger once and never sorted the problem.

It went after I did a fresh install, but that's not very practical for fixing a small problem.

It was a pain in the ass though.

Soldato
Was doing the same to me this morning, its fine now.

While we're on the subject, does MSN kick anyone else out at midnight (0000 GMT to be precise) or is it just me? I thought it happened to everyone but a girl I was talking to the other night said it never happens on her Mac/MSN client.

Paranoid now! :p

Associate
I was having the same problem with my MSN a few days ago. I was also having a problem signing into Hotmail on Safari, But I could sign in on Firefox. But everything is back to normal now. all is working fine.

Hope you get your problem fixed. :)

Soldato
I have no choice but to the use the Microsoft client at uni, but I hate it. Adium which I use at home is much better.

Associate
I don't like Adium that much. I had to use it for like 2 weeks once when I first got my Powerman G4 because Microsoft MSN would just randomly sign me out. but then I just got rid of MSN and all its files and downloaded it again. And now it works fine. And I haven't had any problems with MSN on my NEW!!! MacBook!!!

Soldato
I don't like Adium that much. I had to use it for like 2 weeks once when I first got my Powerman G4 because Microsoft MSN would just randomly sign me out. but then I just got rid of MSN and all its files and downloaded it again. And now it works fine. And I haven't had any problems with MSN on my NEW!!! MacBook!!!

Might be whats wrong with my MSN, it signs me out all the time.

Back
Top Bottom