Mac OS Terminal Help Required

Associate
Earlier in the week I reinstalled the OS on my M1 MBA and since then, I haven' been able to get the terminal to work properly. I use the terminal to access a Raspberry Pi using SSH but I get the same error and nothing seems to work. It was working before I reinstalled the OS. Can someone please help? It's driving me crazy and I can't seem to find any solutions online despite searching for the past few days.

This is a completely fresh install of Monterey. I've installed Homebrew which was successful and I had the problem before the Homebrew install and after.

Commands in the terminal work (e.g. ls, mkdir and I can remove directories).

When I open terminal and I go to make a remote connection, this is the error I get:
klsPYeh.png

These are my settings (note that I get the same error whether I choose 'Default login shell' or Command:
JEegHni.png

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply both.

I've since learnt that I can type ssh username@ipadress in the command line on the terminal and that works.

However, before the reformat (and before I knew you could type that particular command into the terminal), I used to just be able to put the IP address into the bottom of this box (see below) along with the username in the box above and that would log me in but now I'm getting the error shown in the screenshot above.

qndZlt5.png

Soldato
Possibly some new security feature? Let me jump on my mac mini and see if I can use that window to SSH into my pi and I'll report back.

Edit : Just checked, if you just enter the IP in the box at the bottom it doesn't work, you have to add the server as follows :

Edit 2 : Obviously your username and IP will be specific to you :)

y616oXZ.png
vccw4LF.png
ja4RnLD.png

Then all you do is click on the server on the right, in my case Pi, and press connect. It then goes to the login/password section in a new Terminal session for my Pi/remote machine etc.

Hope that helps, works fine here using that method.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom