macbook air or ipad

Associate
Hi i was confused on weather to go for a new air or pro as my 2017 pro 10.8" is getting on a bit and fancied something new, so asked earlier on here but now i have just found out i can get a new macbook air for roughly the same price as i can get the ipads. there is a promotion giving me £255 trade in for my existing ipad pro 64Gb wifi and on top of that £150 bonus so i can get a new macbook air for £899 less the trade in so £494 in total, any comments please ?
Thanks

Soldato
It depends entirely on your use case. The OG Pro is still a workhorse, and still probably fine for the majority of tasks unless you're struggling to do specific jobs on it.

Does your workflow requirements necessitate a move from a Mobile OS to a fully fledged Desktop OS, or are you happy with iPadOS, and want to have the fancy screen, touch screen and mobile features which make it a selling point.

Associate
OP
Thanks all only use the iPad for browsing and email streaming just fancied a change as I have a win 10 desktop and finding myself sitting at it more than sitting on the couch with the ipad

Soldato
Have you considered looking at a normal iPad? For what you say you do the Pro is overkill - and then just get a keyboard/mouse cover for it. Or get one for your current Pro.

Alternatively yeah just get the MBA.

Soldato
If you’re planning on hooking said chosen device up to a TV or external display (you mentioned streaming) then you will need the MacBook Air. The iPad doesn’t mirror well and is useless on an external display for all intents and purposes.

Back
Top Bottom