Macbook battery

Associate
Hello,

I've been on holiday for four months so I haven't used my Macbook in that amount of time either. I turned it on last night and the battery was at 0% which I assumed would be the case but now it doesn't appear to be charging, stuck at 0% and shuts off when I pull the power plug out.

Is there any way I can "reset" it?

Thanks for your help

Soldato
did you also try resetting the PMU? what does it says about the condition of you battery is System Profiler or Coconut Battery?

Associate
OP
Battery Information:

Model Information:

Manufacturer: DP
Device name: ASMB013
Pack Lot Code: 0001
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0102
Hardware Revision: 0300
Cell Revision: 0100
Charge Information:
Charge remaining (mAh): 0
Fully charged: No
Charging: No
Full charge capacity (mAh): 0
Health Information:
Cycle count: 989
Condition: Check Battery
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -5
Voltage (mV): 8263

Associate
I had this problem once. I was told I needed a new battery, so I went to an Apple Store with the dead battery and the Macbook invoice and they just gave me a fresh battery. I think it's quite a common problem, although I thought they fixed it with a firmware update some time ago..

Commissario
I thought the expected life of the batteries was around 300 cycles and up to 1000 cycles for the new ones. That would explain why your battery is a bit knackered if it's three years old and done nearly 1000 cycles.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
How long have you tried leaving it on charge? My MBP battery has done 157 cycles and I ran it down completely flat once and then left it a few days. Had the same problem as you but leaving it plugged for half an hour and then trying it again it was fine :/

Back
Top Bottom