macbook essentials?

Soldato
Just bought my first 2nd hand MacBook pro which is also my first entry into the mac os world

This is mainly going to be my travel companion. can anyone recommend what essential bits of kit I should be purchasing?

Mainly travel bag/pouch to keep it in for on the plane and stuff

Thanks

Soldato
I have a 13" unit that I use as my travel buddy. It - or similar units - have done most of these trips with me.

My travel essentials are:

Macbook :)
Charger with a travel kit
A decent case, and not just a skin - it currently has this one for example. Bear in mind this often gets used on dive boats and the like.
Decent card ready/adapter. I use this one.
Rugged HD for backing up and storing photos/videos
A range of cables

...and then all my camera gear. I prefer the rugged cases over a pouch type setup.

Associate
I have a 13" unit that I use as my travel buddy. It - or similar units - have done most of these trips with me.

My travel essentials are:

Macbook :)
Charger with a travel kit
A decent case, and not just a skin - it currently has this one for example. Bear in mind this often gets used on dive boats and the like.
Decent card ready/adapter. I use this one.
Rugged HD for backing up and storing photos/videos
A range of cables

...and then all my camera gear. I prefer the rugged cases over a pouch type setup.

This. Thankfully you don't have one of the new ones which would require 17,983,408 dongles to be carried with it to actually connect to your devices.

Soldato
This. Thankfully you don't have one of the new ones which would require 17,983,408 dongles to be carried with it to actually connect to your devices.

Aha - while I understand your point.....My 13" is one of the new ones. I just got native USB-C to micro/mini/hdmi/and lightning USB. Job done.

Soldato
I've got a few. One I use on my travels is this one. I also have a separate USB-C Gb Ethernet connector too, as that one doesn't have it. Rarely use it of course!

My work bag has far more in it. Proper Apple USB-C to VGA and HDMI etc. Simply because I find screens at some customer sites far more fussy. That's annoying tbh. One manufacturer's USBC to HDMI working, while another's doesn't for example. That's when you end up carrying a fair few of them around.

Associate
Hi guys, currently looking for a skin for a new 15" MBP, I quite like the look of the iGlaze from moshi but a lot of the older reviews say that they crack. Does anyone know if that's still the case or if they use a different material now? Any recommendations for a skin/case?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom