Macbook input issues - cursor jumping etc

Associate
Second MAcbook with the same issue but my iMac is fine. Fresj install of OSX.

In programs such as Outlook/Word/iMessage I often - every few minutes - get the cursor jumping around in the text I am writing. oOr an email gets sent half way through, or the front window suddenly changes. I had this issue for a year with my mid 2015 i7 Macbook 15' and have the same again with my i7 mid 2017 model 15'.

Sometimes it is much worse than other (just did it again) times. I have googled this and nothing coming up. I am not inadvertently touching the keypad.

Any ideas please folks?

Commissario
Are you using a mouse or other external input?
Can't say I've heard of it, if possible try to get a video of it happening and take it into an Apple store (if it's still in warranty)??

Soldato
If it's a force trackpad then you may need to take it in for Trackpad Cablibration at an Apple store or AASP. That will also test for any other hardware faults at the same time, then you could go from there.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a weird issue with a blown IC that used to cause laggy performance that demonstrated itself as a jumpy mouse and sporadic issues with the keyboard. I'll have a look see when I get home to see if I can find it for you, see if it relates.

Back
Top Bottom