Macbook Pro 15 2018 vs ???

Man of Honour
Do you not struggle with thermal throttle ? seems to be the issue after a quick google search ? and Few people mention the hinges dont align ?

No but I did mess around with voltages a little in intels extreme software and it seems to boost up to around 4/4.1 in single threaded stuff and holds nicely at around 3.6/3.7 under all core abuse. The problem with it's performance, partly down to hades canyon design is when you saturate both the GPU and CPU so gaming performance suffers when it should actually be pretty decent, for a productivity machine though it's properly lovely. Hinges on mine are also perfect and its still in perfect shape after a year solid of abuse. The rose gold alloy chassis is also spot on, pair it with the spectre edition rose gold bluetooth mouse and the pen that comes with it and it's perfect for pretty much any situation.

Down side I guess is the price, for the spec you want you are looking at around £1800 I think, that's the 8705g with vega (20cu & 4gb hbm), 16gb ram, 1tb ssd.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No but I did mess around with voltages a little in intels extreme software and it seems to boost up to around 4/4.1 in single threaded stuff and holds nicely at around 3.6/3.7 under all core abuse. The problem with it's performance, partly down to hades canyon design is when you saturate both the GPU and CPU so gaming performance suffers when it should actually be pretty decent, for a productivity machine though it's properly lovely. Hinges on mine are also perfect and its still in perfect shape after a year solid of abuse. The rose gold alloy chassis is also spot on, pair it with the spectre edition rose gold bluetooth mouse and the pen that comes with it and it's perfect for pretty much any situation.

Down side I guess is the price, for the spec you want you are looking at around £1800 I think, that's the 8705g with vega (20cu & 4gb hbm), 16gb ram, 1tb ssd.
It's less then the P1 or x1 at 2k, would something to consider, I will have a look if i can find it some store to have a look how it looks or feels.

At the moment the Lenovo p1 or X1 are the ones I lean towards the most.

Man of Honour
It's less then the P1 or x1 at 2k, would something to consider, I will have a look if i can find it some store to have a look how it looks or feels.

At the moment the Lenovo p1 or X1 are the ones I lean towards the most.

Well worth having a look. In my opinion it's up there with the Lenovo and the Dell :)

Back
Top Bottom