Macbook Pro Battery Usage

Associate
Just bought myself a rather lovely 15" rMPB, and obviously i'm rather going to look after it!

I know from using laptops that it is bad to keep them charging constantly, i'm guessing this is the same with my rMPB? I've done some research into how to use the battery so it lasts longest, some say discharge to about 75-80% then charge, some say its fine to keep it charging as long as its discharged once a month, and others say drain it to about 10% then charge fully.

I know that you ideally want the least amount of cycles, but is it just a balancing act between no. of cycles used and keeping it charging?

Mike

Soldato
I don't really take much care of the battery, I just once a month do a 'calibration' as per user guide.

Full discharge til laptop goes to sleep, leave it in sleep until the battery completely dies. Full charge, leave sat with full charge (no PSU) for two hours, then turn back on.

Associate
OP
The battery life still reasonable after all this? How long have you had it?

I'm sitting here and its displaying a massive 10:21 hours of life left! Coming from a Sony Vaio that barely lasted one i'm very impressed!

Associate
If you have Apple care then in a year or two just get them to replace the battery for you. I have also moved up to a rMBP from my 2007 MBP and that had 2/3 new batteries after the original, I don't think I paid for more than one.

Back
Top Bottom