Macbook resolution question

Associate
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if I hooked up a Macbook to an external monitor via VGA cable would I bet able to set the resolution to 1360x768 on the monitor and also have the Macbook closed while I am using it on the external monitor. Does it come ready able to do this or does it require lots of fiddling?

I can only use 1360x768 as thats all my monitor supports.

Cheers

Soldato
Yep, you certainly can. Just plug the monitor in, apple>system preferences>displays>arrangement then select mirror. Close the lid, then choose resolution on the monitor.

Easy as that.

Associate
OP
Thanks Justin,

Sorry for the seemingly daft questions, I changed my mind from the iMac just thinking about a Macbook but I've never used them properly before so have lots of dumb questions before I spend the cash.

Regards,
Graeme

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

the macbook is by far the best choice out of all the macs... its can used as a desktop replacement via external screen, keyboard and mouse AND is amazingly portable!

Associate
OP
Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to get my macbook to support 1360x768?

I connected it up via the VGA cable but the non of the resolutions on the list are compatible?

Im gutted, £20 wasted if I cant get it working. :(

Soldato
Don't worry!!!

It's probly your TV sending duff DDC information to the Mac - I had the same problem with my 32" Panny. I used a utility called SwitchResX which allows you to create custom resolutions, then input the timings from the back of the manual. Now it's perfick... :D

Back
Top Bottom