Macbook upgrades from ocUK

Associate
I live just down the road from ocUK and was looking at getting some more ram and a bigger, faster hard drive for my Macbook 2ghz core 2 duo.

I currently have 1gb of ram so would be upgrading to 2gb:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-112-CR&groupid=701&catid=930&subcat=

And have the default 80gb 5400rpm drive, and want to upgrade to the 160gb 7200rpm segate on here:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-136-SE&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=896
(when it comes in stock, this is the geforce one.)

Just checking both these part are fine for my macbook, because technically they're all the right spec I believe, just want some confirmation before I'd spend roughly £160 on these upgrades. :)

Soldato
The RAM is definitely compatible, but i'm not sure about the hard drive, pretty sure it is though.

Edit: Welcome by the way :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah well I checked the specs of it, SATA and all that, and it seems right. They currently have the "non geforce" one, and I thought for a few quid more I'll wait for the sensor geforce one to come in.

I'll likely be upgrading the ram first anyway :)

Associate
OP
I know the replacement of the Hard drive is simple, like the ram is. However does it void the warranty, just wondering while I still have warranty until January.

Even if I did put a new HD in, I doubt they would be able to tell once I put the default one back in if there ever were anything to go wrong.

Soldato
Problem Child said:
I know the replacement of the Hard drive is simple, like the ram is. However does it void the warranty, just wondering while I still have warranty until January.

Even if I did put a new HD in, I doubt they would be able to tell once I put the default one back in if there ever were anything to go wrong.

I wouldn't think so in a MacBook, the manual even shows you how to replace the HDD so I think it would be silly if it did void the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom