Macrium Reflect - Image Restore Options

Associate
I wonder if someone can please advise me on this?

If I make a full backup of my C Drive containing 4 partitions which includes Windows. Then I make 2 incremental backups (or differential for that matter).

I then need to restore the image, so I load up the programme and find the image. It will now show three lines of backup. The Full, followed by the two incrementals.

The only advise I've seen on Youtube, Google etc only shows a full image. I'm unable to find a tutorial showing restore from incremental/differential.

I believe that if I were to restore from the 2nd incremental it would do just that.

But how can I do a full restore which includes the differentials/incrementals backups? There doesn't seem to be a way to highlight all three backups and do a restore from there.

Fortunately the only time I needed to do a restore, I only had a full backup.

Macrium Reflect have a Black Friday special offer at the moment and I'm considering purchasing it. Unfortunately their forum only allows people to post who have purchased the package, not those who are yet to buy.

Thanks in advance

Associate
Restore the latest incremental backup and it will automatically construct the full backup using the previous 2 images, going back to the last "full image".

Soldato
OP I hope you don't mind but could I jump in on this thread

I have the free version of Macrium and did a clone of my C: drive - Just been trying to restore that clone but can't see how - I have the file shown but just can't see what to do next. Does it only work on paid version ?

It's been a very bad three days. :eek:

Associate
OP
https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

MR state that the Free Edition allows cloning. Unfortunately I couldn't give you any advice; simply because I'm a numpty.

I have the Free Edition and used it to restore an image of my C Drive, fortunately the image was only 3 days old when a Windows update knackered my computer. But the problem has returned, some programs won't close/open and I have to close them through Task Manager. I need to do a fresh Windows install, install MS Office, Photoshop etc then use MR to image the drive. I hope you sort your problem out.

You might consider starting a new thread. In the past I've found posters on here very helpful indeed. Good Luck.

Soldato
I did have suspicions something might happen so cloned C drive on 22nd -yep three days ago - I have lost everything - emails -passwords - saved emails with program activation codes on - programs I have purchased - I am nieve enough to have believed that was all I needed to do - fine if you can recover the clone. Must say the PC is so fast now but I won't be putting back all the crap I had on - it's just a ball ache at moment. I think I am more than a numpty.

Soldato
Free version works fine for me just select the drive with the partitions and select backup and away you go. You can also create bootable media i.e. USB stick and backup/restore from that. I've used Acronis in the past as well as various versions of Ghost and its as least as good as them and in the case of Ghost, better.

Soldato
Using the free Macrium Reflect, I created an image on a secondary internal drive E:, enabled Macrium bootup option, and was able to go into Windows PE environment from there, open Command Prompt and use Diskpart to clean my C: drive, and then restore the backup image from E: to C: without issues. Pretty neat that you don't even need a USB flash drive as long as you have a second internal drive.

Back
Top Bottom