Macs on a Windows domain - auto mounting multiple windows shares

Associate
I have got some Macs onto our Windows 2003 domain and using Centrify Direct Control am able to lock down the Mac OS and mount the users home directory which is all good.

Does anyone know of any scripts or any other method that can be used on OS X to make it automatically mount say 3 or 4 network shares that run on our Windows file servers (SMB) ?

I understand the usual route is just to click Go > Connect to Server and then the user enters something like smb://ServerName/ShareName/ - this isn't really any good for our environment (the users just won't want to do it! :rolleyes:), ideally I need this to happen in the background as they login.

Associate
OP
thanks very much for sharing that script. I will give it a try when i get back to work.

Can this be set to run for every user that signs into the mac? I have never worked with applescripts but thats about to change!

Thanks again

Associate
OP
thanks very much for sharing that script. I will give it a try when i get back to work.

Can this be set to run for every user that signs into the mac? I have never worked with applescripts but thats about to change!

Thanks again

Associate
OP

Thanks again

Associate
OP
Oops sorry for double post - so how would that work if I have a potential 1600 users that might pick up one of say 20 mac notebooks and login? Is there such a thing as an "All Users" area (like Windows) to add a script to on a Mac so it will run for any user that logs in to the mac even if they are a new user to the computer?

Soldato
Oops sorry for double post - so how would that work if I have a potential 1600 users that might pick up one of say 20 mac notebooks and login? Is there such a thing as an "All Users" area (like Windows) to add a script to on a Mac so it will run for any user that logs in to the mac even if they are a new user to the computer?

Home > Public can be accessed by all users.

Back
Top Bottom