Mad Bid - anyone tried it?

Soldato
Not really. People have to accept responsibility for their actions - if they are stupid enough to use these sites then they are entirely to blame.

True, but should we legalise everything that people fool for due to their own stupidity?
Such as phishing and all other scams?

Soldato
There are other ones now which are basically lowest unique bid wins, so there are limits and "someone" does actually get something. Just a bit organised raffle for profit.

Not say I'd do it though :p

Soldato
it's not a scam though. No where do they try tricking you, it's all well documented and some people will get bargains.

Yeah, but for the vast majority they are going to get nothing. Anyhow, I retract that point as in Hindsight it's probably not the best idea to criminalize it.

Soldato
Those "Win a Ferrari" raffles at the airport annoy me as well. They must be making a huge profit from those! Tickets are £20 a pop! :eek:

Man of Honour
Its the 'new' bandit, lots of people pay in and get nothing, one gets the jackpot.

I hate bandits, always used to see the same looser 'ex best mate' drop his wage in one every week, then he used to try and sponge off me even though I earned a third he earned back then I was always flush he was always broke. Great nights out were had on the odd occasion the bandit went out of order, usually me pulling the plug when he nipped to the toilet.

Caporegime
If they keep every bid, then that has to be fraud.

How is that legal?

Nothing illegal about it. You are buying bids and you do win the item for the price it sold at.

It just needs stupid people or people who have spent £50 or £100 and then need to buy something to show for their money so keep buying more bids.

Soldato
Wasn't there some dude in the news a while ago who sold his house by raffle? I think he made more than the asking price would have been?

Caporegime
Could you theoretically snipe decent deals if you show restraint and don't fly in with loads of bids early?

You say that but everybody does that. You think its got as high as it will go and then bid but then somebody else bids. You don;t bid and the ps3 sells for £24 and you're gutted.

daz

daz

Soldato
It's a raffle, not an auction.

Exactly - you're buying tickets for a raffle and I think it's disingenuous of them to advertise it as an auction.

I really think it should be covered under gambling legislation and it should be made clear that you have no guarantee of actually ever buying anything even if you spend hundreds of pounds with them.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
All the people in the TV add look a bit...odd. A bit like they've just realised how much its actually cost them

Back
Top Bottom