Made in England

Soldato
That wasnt the argument that was made.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12122-999-1007-9

They've done a lot of studies on the effects of the minimum wage on employment.

First hand though my department last year for instance got rid of all of our "admin team" and moved the work onto the higher paid customer facing employees, because there's no point having an admin team on the same money as customer facing staff when you can just have the customer facing staff do the admin work as well as having the flexibility to be able to speak to customers when required. With a high minimum wage a shop that might be able to afford to pay a 16 year old £10 to work 4 hours on a Saturday morning can't do that, so the kid misses out on job experience and the shop misses out on the extra help.

Caporegime
The biggest problem for me isn't where it's made, but the conditions of the workers where it is made.

Ie I really dislike the fact that just about any clothing from any high street shop will be made in some appalling sweat shop in Bangladesh.

Trouble is there really doesn't appear to be much alternative. I don't want to buy clothes online really because I like to try stuff on and fondle it a bit to see if I like it. Or if it fits properly... 99% of all the clothing I've bought online has been a) crap or b) crap and fit poorly.

So I buy from the high street and that means I support the use of Bangladeshi sweat shops :(

Back
Top Bottom