Madeleine McCann - forward this to everyone

Soldato
Tried&Tested said:
Oh yes, you're very witty. I mean, how else could you deduce from me wanting to increase awareness of a missing girl a little that i have no friends.

Actually I deduced it from the fact that most people with more than a few brain cells hate those who send them chain-emails/letters.

Caporegime
The amount of bickering in this thread... :rolleyes: I agree with the OP, it raises awareness which is in no way a bad thing. It's only a vid, doesn't take a massive effort.

You don't like it, get out. Pretty simple.

EDIT: It may be a chain letter/email but it's hardly like the ordinary is it?

Associate
I see Beckham has got in on the act now.

I as much as anyone here want Maddie to be found and returned safe to her parents, but as a parent what they did was inexcusable. There are so many things that could have happened; Maddie was the oldest don't forget. They should have either been at the appartment, doing their own thing while the kids slept perhaps with a baby listener or taken all 3 kids to dinner with them (I believe they went for a meal with another couple so plenty there to sooth crying babies (if indeed they are crying types, Rhys isnt).

It would be a criminal offence to leave children of that age in your own home whilst down at the pub. I wouldnt leave Rhys (21 weeks) sitting in the car whilst I pay for petrol (whats that 3 minutes and the car is always in view). The small village I work in had someone drive off in someones car from the petrol station with a 6 month old surprise package (for the car theif) on the back seat. It does happen.

I have been most annoyed that in any of the media coverage I have seen the leaving of the kids has been brushed over as though it was the norm. They should be asked to explain why. As someone said you are always told to lock valuables away in a safe/take them with you when on holiday to prevent some opportunistic theif swiping them. Would be very ironic if they had everything locked away or with them, but let the kids to check on them every 30 minutes. A lot can happen in 30 minutes.

Finally I want to say again please god let Maddie come home safe. Either way the parents (who probably dont think they have done anything wrong) will have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives.

Soldato
I would NEVER leave my son on his own. EVER.

They don't deserve what's happened and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone, but I'm sure it will prevent a lot of people leaving their babies unattended in future.

G

Associate
Azagoth said:
How come nobody is mentioning the fact that the parents left a three year old, and pair of two year old twins, alone in a hotel room whilst they went out to dinner? I'm sorry, but middle-class doctors or not they don't deserve children!

If it happened to some dole scrounging family from council estate the media would be lambasting them no-end. Just goes to show how fickle the so called media in this Country is.

My thoughts exactly.

Associate
Tommy B said:
How the hell can you just say that?

Mark Warner resorts are generally very safe, and I'm sure as a parent you wouldn't have done anything they didn't.

Not that safe obviously

I would never leave any of my 3 children alone especially in a foreign country... the eldest is 13 next birthday.

As someone else said, i have always taken them out in the evenings with us when we go out for a meal or we all stay home, its that simple really.

Soldato
Azagoth said:
Well, I know for a fact that I wouldn't leave my three toddlers alone in a hotel room while I go out for dinner!

same here

i wouldn't even leave them in my own home in this country nevermind a hotel room in somewhere that i dont know

Soldato
I first went to a Mark Warner when I was 13 and the nights were awesome at the time (being 13 I didn't exactly have much experience) but my parents were very relaxed as the environment seemed to secure and safe. They'd give me a key to our room and I'd come back whenever. Although that is a different case to a 3 year old though.

Associate
i feel so sorry for the parents,and as a parent myself shudder to think what they are going through..

But i would never ever leave my young child alone in a foreign country in bed whilst i went out for a meal.

I have been on many holidays abroad and one of the first things the holiday reps advise you to do is to rent a safe for your money to be kept in,there is a reason for this.To leave a child that is a million times more precious than money lying on a bed,alone is not responsible behaviour,i can say this as a parent myself.

There is no guarantee that you will be able to protect your child a hundred percent of the time,but you can damm well do your best to minimise the chances of harm.

Back
Top Bottom