Mailing Lists / 'Newsletters'

Associate
Hey All,

I'm doing a small website for a good friends band, among other things he asked for a mailing list. Now... I'm comfortable enough with both C# and PHP to make one in either language, however it is low budget and while I feel I could easily make a basic one day or two (i.e no rich text editing / no image inserts) he obviously doesn't want to have to type HTML himself so it would need to be WYSIWYG, and he wants the emails to look good (pictures and such) and also ideally have some preset templates to choose from.

Does anyone know of (or used) any online services that would be suitable for something like this? He said he's happy to pay ~£10/month for a good user-friendly one where he can easily format the email, add images, etc via a simple WYSIWYG interface? If not, any *good* pre-built scripts/'apps' (either php or c#) that I would easily be able to integrate into my already built custom-backend (where he can already update news/videos/tours/etc)?

Any suggestions would be great, ideally I'd really like to avoid having to write one myself since I'm guessing there are already much better already-stable ones out there and I don't have the time to build one as good as I'd like it to be. Thanks in advance!

Associate
We use Active Campaign to manage email lists. It's not cheap though, something like £150 to buy it. It's very good indeed and we use it to fire across monthly personalised bulletins.

There are also services you can hire on a monthly basis but I'm not entirely aufait with these. I'm led to believe they cost about £10-15 per month.

Back
Top Bottom