making a built in wardrobe/walk in wardrobe

Soldato
we have a space in our bedroom of 220cm x 115cm where we currently have a wardrobe and a chest of draws.

its way too small for the amount of clothes we have and am sick of them being shoved in every space we can find.

so i want to build either a built in or small walk in wardrobe.

here is the space.

null-24.jpg

ive not really got any idea as to where to start so im hoping someone has built one before and can give some advice.

we need space for 2-4 rails of clothes (his and hers) and double the shelve space of the draws atleast and maybe somewhere for her shoes to go too.

i also want some form of lighting in it too.

ive never built anything from scratch like this before but have no trouble with flat pack stuff etc and am ok at diy.

hoping to keep it around £300.

can anyone offer help and or advice please?

thanks.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Buy some off the shelf doors, then make a frame with MDF.

Once you've got a basic frame you lay the tracks down for the doors to slide in, and you're done. Could be done for £300 but it depends on what doors you want. Frosted glass or standard mirror finish etc.

Forget lighting and elaborate shelving for £300 though.

Soldato
Search YouTube for 'the closet Sandra built'. It's a good vid for that kind of thing. Check B&q wardrobes for standard width and depth as doing them that size will allow you to buy accessories should you want them now or in the future and use filler strips to fill the gap left.

There's a few joiners in here including myself to help with advice if you need it

Soldato
OP
had a quick look on the b and q site for materials.

making a plasterboard wall across the gap with a built-in wardrobe setup either side of the area with a sliding mirrored door - £250 rough price.

it shall have to wait till next pay day now.

gives me some time to have a look around and sort a plan out.

Associate
Buy some off the shelf doors, then make a frame with MDF.

Once you've got a basic frame you lay the tracks down for the doors to slide in, and you're done. Could be done for £300 but it depends on what doors you want. Frosted glass or standard mirror finish etc.

Forget lighting and elaborate shelving for £300 though.

agreed this would probably be the 'easiest' (dependant on DIY abilities) and by far cheapest way.

If you can IKEA and B&Q do some internal wardrobe systems eg rails, shelves, drawers etc..

Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom