Making a nuisance complaint (noise related)

Associate
We live next to a house that own a young Jack Russell, which barks throughout the day, starting from around 7am, late into the evening. It never really bothered me, but after a few months of it, it's been eating away at me and now i'm ready to make a complaint!

The owners are useless and make no attempt to stop the dog from barking. Most of the time they're in the garden with the dog whilst it's yapping. They just have no consideration for their neighbours :mad:

Does anyone have experience of making a nuisance complaint against a neighbour and was it effective? Do the council tell the person who made the complaint against them?

Associate
Have a quiet word with them, and try hard to keep your temper.

Loosing the plot will not help you.Give the guy a chance to sort it out.

Associate
kitten_caboodle said:
yeah that's right, kill the dog cos the owners are rubbish. Nice. Let's hope you never have kids that annoy anyone eh?

well said
icon14.gif

Associate
OP
LeoWyatt said:
if you own your house, you will have to declare any complaints made when trying to sell your house, so it would probably be worth having a word with them first and try to sort it amicably.

It's a rented house, but I don't want to cause any trouble for our landlady. I might have a word with them or write them a friendly letter.

I asked our next door neighbours about the house with the dog and they've always been noisy neighbours apparantly (blasting music on their big hifi in the early hours, power blasting his patio on a weekly basis starting early in the morning). They just seem to be oblivious, or they simply don't care :\

Back
Top Bottom