Making good

Soldato
Making good to me means leaving it ready to paint or wallpaper. I don't trust any of them to do it. Prefer to finish it off myself.

Soldato
Thats appalling, you need to get him back and sort that, guess you've already paid him if not withhold until he has put it right.

Associate
OP
Thanks, all. It seems my expectation was in line with the majority here.

As soon as we asked for them to be patched up we got a short email stating "I hope you're not delaying payment as the job has been completed", we had said nothing about payment at this point and only had the invoice 2 hours! I guess it touched a nerve.

Soldato
The skirting should be spliced really, even with filler it probably wont look great.Or depending how long that run is i'd have probably just replaced the whole length as it looks like they are slightly different mouldings.

mjd

mjd

Associate
The missing plaster really isn't an issue to correct, though I would have to question why it was chipped in the first place. That skirting is an abomination. Ignoring the fact he didn't use a scarf joint, it doesn't vaguely line up, so you'd be hard pushed to fill and blend it convincingly.
Why he didn't replace the entire length if he wasn't capable of basic carpentry is beyond me.

Personally I would get a quote from a carpenter/joiner to sort the skirting and deduct it from your payment to the builder. I wouldn't imagine he would get very far if he tried to pursue it legally with those photos on your side.

Perhaps the spurs on his boots chipped the plaster!

Soldato
As someone that does a lot of trim joinery that is truly awful, that is at the very least ameatur level. The cost of mdf skirting is nothing and a patch should never have been done there. That seriously isn't completed work and shouldn't be paid for.

Associate
Really,,,,,, if anyone would think that the standard of work shown in the photos is acceptable is beyond belief.

I would not need to seek the views of a web site to tell me that the joker who has pretended to be a professional has done a ***** job,,but on a positive , a blind man would be pleased to see it

Back
Top Bottom