Male Pool Attire in France

Associate
I'm sure many are familiar with France's requirements for "Speedos" or tight swimwear for men. I'm not going to debate how I feel about it as it is what it is!

Anyone know if the "jammer" type of long but tight swim short is acceptable in a French pool that enforces this rule? Basically they don't want any swimwear in the pool that you might casually wear outside the pool, such as board shorts.

Example of the jammer type I am considering. They are tight and no one would wear these outside a pool, in my opinion.
blue-3.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
probablement pas - regarde https://www.natationpourtous.com/forum-natation/viewtopic.php?t=3330

Je confirme la raison c'est souvent interdit comme les boxer à cause des crados qui les portent toute la journée et viennent directement au bassin avec.

I confirm the reason it is often forbidden like the boxer because of the crados/idiots who carry them all the day and come directly to the basin with them

you see the junk people are permitted to wear in the UK !
dam folk festival last weekend nearby, and the pool was cloudy as a consequence of the great unwashed.

Associate
Yep I believe jammers are fine. You can also get hot pants style swimmers which would be better than budgie smugglers.

Associate
OP
If your junk is clearly visible then it's fine in French pools.

That does seem to be the underlying goal of this rule.

just buy some speedos and live the dream, get that super awesome tan and slip a nut out the side for the ladies to oggle

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I want the longest but legal shorts I can find!

Yep I believe jammers are fine. You can also get hot pants style swimmers which would be better than budgie smugglers.

Thanks. I would have gone with the hot pants ones if I absolutely had to, but if the jammers are indeed legal then I'll be going with these. They'll match my cycling shorts tan too haha.

Caporegime
I didn’t realize some pools still had this rule. I remember as a kid they did, but in more recent times never had an issue. Guess the “tradition” is still strong in some conservative areas. :D

Back
Top Bottom