Man Maths Help Required - BMW E93 335i

Soldato
I had a manual E46 330i before the 335i auto and i must say it did feel a bit weird to begin with as it was my first auto car, however there is no doubt in my mind i prefer the auto now. The paddles are very responsive when you want to push on and quicker and more precise than the vast majority of the population can do a gear change. The auto is nice when you just want to drive home after a tiring day and in traffic.

The only thing i would echo is what Fox said above - the E93 is a heavy old car due to that folding roof. I think i remember him saying it didn't feel *much* faster than his 530i due to this weight bringing the power-to-weight ratio's quite close to each other. The coupe doesn't suffer from this - if you drive a 335i coupe and it is anything less than "woah" fast, it's broken.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The only thing i would echo is what Fox said above - the E93 is a heavy old car due to that folding roof. I think i remember him saying it didn't feel *much* faster than his 530i due to this weight bringing the power-to-weight ratio's quite close to each other. The coupe doesn't suffer from this - if you drive a 335i coupe and it is anything less than "woah" fast, it's broken.

Exactly this - the performance of the first 335i I drove, a brand new DCT E93, underwhelmed me.

The Coupe though felt much more like it.

Soldato
Just FYI my E93 has been on 62k miles for the last 2 years and I pay monthly so it never went up after it crossed 60k (it was serviced at 61k).

Dont quote me on it but I think its about £40 cpm

Soldato
I had a manual E46 330i before the 335i auto and i must say it did feel a bit weird to begin with as it was my first auto car, however there is no doubt in my mind i prefer the auto now. The paddles are very responsive when you want to push on and quicker and more precise than the vast majority of the population can do a gear change. The auto is nice when you just want to drive home after a tiring day and in traffic.

The auto is even better once running the Alpina software, gear changes are a lot smoother and quicker.

Soldato
IIRC the E93 carries over 100kg weight penalty compared to the E92. That's 16 stonne, a tenth of a tonne, a very large man, for no benefit other than people can should "Tanker" at you...

Associate
OP
'tis the penalty of having a 4-seater with metal folding roof. It does make it more of a barge but then I have a light-weight car for back-road shennanigans.

Back
Top Bottom